“Pursuing God’s Dreams: How then shall we live?” is the theme set for the annual conference gathering in Taos, New Mexico on August 3-5. We will explore specific ideas about what it really means to pursue God’s dreams—a reference to our MSMC vision statement. Worship themes and other formation activities will help sharpen the conversation.
The gathering location is the Kachina Lodge near central Taos. Some camping options will also be available at the TiLT (Taos Initiative for Life Together) compound about a mile and a half from the assembly venue.
A few things lined up for the weekend include:
- A pre-assembly round-table guided conversation about faith and social action at 1:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Friday evening kick-off concert by “The Second Wind Endeavor,” a local Taos band with several members with ties to Mennonite service and education institutions.
- Delegate session on Saturday morning.
- Worship services on Saturday morning and evening, an optional Sunday morning sunrise service at the Taos Gorge and the final mid-morning worship celebration and communion at the assembly venue. Throughout, we’ll hear stories from people among us who may be getting into trouble for following God’s dreams.
- Saturday afternoon break-out sessions
- Online registration link, below, provides information about lodging options at Kachina Lodge and camping options at TiLT.
- Meals will be catered or you may choose to eat at a variety of Taos restaurants.
- “Camp Kachina” (supervised lawn and pool time and activities for children).
Pre- and post-assembly options include a young adult wilderness outing planned by TiLT and a post-assembly family camp on Lama Mountain.
The assembly planning team includes Marc Yoder, Melissa Roth, Todd Wynward, Eric King, Barry Bartel, Cole Chandler, Lily Mast, Jen Dudenhefer and Ken Gingerich. Merv Birky and Charlene Epp are part of the worship planning sub-committee. Email Jen at Administrator@MountainStatesMC.org with any questions.
Come if you can. Pay what you can. Pay more if you can.
By encouraging generosity in the past we have been able to include everyone who wants to participate in Assembly to do so. This year, we are asking you to take care of your own accommodations—but we are again encouraging extra gifts to help cover expenses: (meals, the Friday evening concert, sound system, and other assembly costs).
We are not asking for a registration fee, but want to make sure everyone is included. There will be a number of opportunities to contribute throughout Assembly weekend. Last year we received several thousand dollars more than expenses which allowed us to provide some additional educational options for pastors. This year we’ll use any extra funds to support MSMC-related passion ministries.
You will be able to contribute by cash or check—and we’ll have credit card reader available at the check-in table. You can also give online at any point by clicking here.
Are you excited yet? Then…